WHAT WE DO
Programs, Projects, Awards & Scholarships
Our Projects, Programs and Activities
The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc. is involved in numerous projects, programs and activities. We also offer scholarships and awards. Click on the green boxes below (sorted alphabetically) to learn more about our work!
The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc., our Districts, and our local clubs offer educational programs in order to achieve our Mission to promote interest and education in horticulture, landscaping, floral design and environmental concerns. While many educational programs have been canceled or postponed due to the global pandemic, check out the links below for upcoming educational offerings.
The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc. awards members and clubs numerous awards. Below are some of the awards we present to our members, for more details please contact us.
For TGCI members, please go to Member Access to view the Awards Manual and materials.
- Amy Mason Wildflower
- Annual Civic Fund
- Bev Kevler Arbor
- Birds and Butterflies
- Blue Star/Gold Star Memorials
- Civic Development
- Club Achievement
- Flower Show Achievement
- Garden Therapy
- History Preservation
- Honeywell Horticultural
- Land Trust Projects
- Litter and Recycling
- Member Services Sales
- Membership Increase
- Membership & Promotion
- National Garden Week
- National Life Member
- Roadside Beautification
- Social Media
Scholarships are offered through The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc. (TGCI) each year in the amount of $1,000.00. To qualify, Indiana students must be enrolled in an Indiana “accredited college, technical school, vocational school, or university” listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Funding for these scholarships is derived from many sources and donations within TGCI. Each year the amount of donations determines the number of scholarships awarded. The applicants are evaluated by the TGCI scholarship committee based on the scholarship program requirements. Equal opportunity shall be provided to all applicants.
Click below to see the scholarship eligibility details and application information.
Guidelines Scholarship Application Financial Aid Form
You may want to visit the National Garden Clubs, Inc. Scholarship Page for information concerning their $4,000 scholarship.
The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc. is pleased to participate in three youth contests sponsored by The National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- Smokey Bear/Woodsy Owl Poster Contest: In partnership with the US Forest Service and the National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC), for more than 50 years, kids in first through fifth grades have used their the imagination to create posters to help convey Smokey Bear’s message of “Only YOU Can Prevent Wildfires!” and Woodsy Owl’s message of “Lend a Hand, Care for the Land!” For the 2022-2023 contest, youth will create posters of EITHER Smokey Bear or Woody Owl. The grand prize winner, who along with his or her family receives airfare and accommodations for a trip to Washington, DC. Children who participate use drawings to demonstrate their knowledge about wildfire prevention and basic environmental conservation principles, such as reusing and recycling. Deadline for submissions to the state is January 21st each year.
- Poster Contest Rules 2022-2023
- For More Information, visit the NGC Smokey Bear/Woodsy Owl site.
- Youth Poetry Contest: Open to all K-9 students, the 2022-2023 theme was “Seeds, Trees and Bees… Oh My – Celebrating the Diversity of Nature.” Deadline for submissions to the state is December 1st each year. Check out our 2022 Winners!
- Youth Sculpture Contest: Open to all 4-8 grade students, this contest encourages students to keep our planet green and to get involved with saving the environment. Students create a sculpture of recyclable, reused, and reduced materials. The sculpture is limited in width to 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches. For contest details, and recognition, visit the NGC Youth Sculpture site. Deadline for submissions to the state is December 1st each year.